Remember last year when I took the family to Austin for the LEGO KidsFest? It was a blast, and I am so excited because next month, LEGO KidsFest 2016 is coming to Houston! Y’all! That’s my neck of the woods!
We had so much fun last year, and are super excited to go again this year. Last year, the Ninjago Knights were a huge hit, and The Baby was enamored with LEGO Duplo bricks.
But. Not everyone loves these kinds of things. So I’m going to help you out. This year, the award-winning LEGO KidsFest Texas returns to Houston’s NRG Center from Oct. 21 – 23, 2016.
Skip LEGO KidsFest Houston If…
- You have no idea what LEGO bricks are
- You aren’t a huge fan of science or art
- Hands on activities aren’t your jam
Go to LEGO KidsFest Houston If…
- You like new activities
- Interactive events are fun for you
- You are a LEGO fan
What to Expect at LEGO KidsFest
Last year the exhibit featured hands-on building, creative experiences and one-of-a-kind activities. It was awesome!
The event is designed for children of all ages as well as builders of all skills and levels. I’m really excited because this year LEGO KidsFest features dozens of new activities including LEGO Mindstorms, LEGO Movie, LEGO Disney Princess, the Mixels, a LEGO Superheroes area and more.
My favorite part of last year was the LEGO Model Museum. Smalls was enamored with the Race Ramps, and Creation Nation. Ish really got into the Construction Zone.
I spent a good bit of time with The baby at LEGO DUPLO, plus, there’s a LEGO Retail store and LEGO KidsFest Marketplace, the Big BrickPile, LEGO Ninjago and more.
KidsFest Will Sell Out
LEGO KidsFest tickets can be purchased at www.LEGOkidsfest.com. Tickets are $19 for the Friday and Sunday afternoon sessions, and $22 for both sessions on Saturday and the Sunday morning session.
And, with admission, we get access to all of this fun:
- LEGO Model Museum: dozens of life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- Race Ramps: build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- LEGO Star Wars: build and display a Star Wars model
- Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
- LEGO Retail: purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
- DUPLO: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
- LEGO Friends: build for the five empowered friends from Heartlake City
- LEGO Ninjago: spin the way to being a Spinjitzu member
- Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
- LEGO Mindstorms: build and program robots and snakes
- Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
- LEGO Technic: get hands-on with the cool, realistic vehicles at the booth
- LEGO Disney Princess: create a princess scene to add to a LEGO story book
One of you will win two (2) tickets to for the opening night session on Friday, Oct 21 2016 from 4-8:30pm.
You must be 18 to enter, 1 entry per day allowed. This is a random drawing by USFG!
The winner will be randomly chosen by USFG. I will personally notify the winner via email. And to win, all you have to do is ENTER HERE!
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means, at no additional cost to you, I may get a commission if you make a purchase. I ♥ your support. (want to know more?).PS: Are you serious about getting healthy and living your best life? Join my email list for weekly updates, partner offers, and more: I will never share your email address with anyone.