Whether you are looking for a simple side dish for an upcoming barbecue or just want something delicious, this broccoli raisin salad is for you. It’s packed with broccoli, chopped onions, sunflower seeds, raisins, and a sweet creamy sauce. It also has a touch of tanginess from lemon juice too.
Simple Broccoli Raisin Salad You Need To Taste
I love entertaining and going to parties at my friend’s houses. We enjoy sitting around talking, having a couple of drinks and munching on some yummy food. This easy broccoli salad has become a staple, especially in the warmer months. Plus, if you are planning a community dinner or fundraiser, this broccoli salad wins over a crowd too.
How Do You Make Broccoli Salad?
Broccoli raisin salad is really simple to make. Plus, if you let it sit overnight it gives the flavors even more time to marry together. Let’s get started on how to make the broccoli salad so you can make your own.
First Step: Beging by cutting off the broccoli florets into small bite-zied pieces. Place them in a bowl along with the red onion, raisins and sunflower seeds.
Second Step: Prepare the dressing. Mix together the mayonnaise, heavy cream, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy.
Third Step: Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and stir it until everything is covered.
Fourth Step: Refrigerate overnight and serve cold.
Broccoli Raisin Salad Variations
Enjoy this broccoli salad the way it’s written or try it with some extra ingredients. Here are a few ideas:
- Cauliflower – Not only will you get some added nutrients, but you will also enhance the flavor by adding in some cauliflower. Chop it up and toss it in for a pleasant surprise.
- Cashews – Adding nuts to a salad is always a great idea because it gives it some crunch and tastes great too.
- Dried Cranberries – Put some dried cranberries in for a little added sweetness. So good!
- Cheese – Use cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella, or any other cheese that you love!
- Bacon – Cook and crumble some bacon and spread over the top of the salad. It’s so dreamy and delicious this way!
How Long Does Healthy Broccoli Salad Last?
This healthy broccoli salad lasts around 4-6 days in the fridge. You need to make sure to keep it airtight with a lid and it will keep well. As it sets the flavors and juices get stronger and even more delicious. This is a great option if you do a lot of meal prep and planning.
What Do I Need To Make This Broccoli Salad?
Other than the ingredients to make the salad there isn’t a ton of items that you need. However, here are some of the things I use and keep on hand when I’m in the kitchen.
If you are looking for more flavorful dishes, check these out:
- Easy Homemade Turkey Chili Mac And Cheese
- Instant Pot Jambalaya
- Dinner Worthy Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Delicious Must-Try Easy Quiche Recipes
- 2 Heads of Broccoli
- ⅓ cup of Chopped Red Onion
- ¼ cup of UNSALTED Sunflower Seeds
- ⅓ cup Sultan Raisins
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Slice off all the broccoli florets and make sure they're in bite-sized pieces. Add them to a large mixing bowl along with the chopped red onion, raisins & sunflower seeds.
- To make the dressing, combine mayonnaise, heavy cream, sugar, lemon juice and salt & pepper in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the mixing bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
- Refrigerate overnight and enjoy!