If you are in the mood for something cheesy and delicious, you have found the perfect side dish. This Easy Cheesy Sheet Pan Asparagus is so amazing you won’t even believe it’s healthy! Kids will gobble it up and never even realize they are eating a vegetable. Plus, it goes with pretty much everything too.
Easy Cheesy Sheet Pan Asparagus
While the main course is something I always look forward to, I get downright excited when it comes to the side items. They have so many wonderful flavors and you can have such a variety of ingredients too.
I love everything about this cheesy asparagus! Plus, cooking asparagus in the oven is an easy method that doesn’t’ take much effort on your part. That is always a win in my hectic and busy life.
How To Make Cheesy Sheet Pan Asparagus
You can make this cheesy sheet pan in around 20 minutes! The part that takes the longest is snapping the ends off the asparagus and that can be done super fast.
First Step: Snap the ends off the asparagus and lay them on a baking sheet.
Second Step: Put butter and garlic in a small bowl and mix together until they are mixed well.
Third Step: Put the butter on top of the asparagus.
Fourth Step: Add the mozzarella and parmesan cheese to the top of the asparagus.
Fifth Step: Turn the oven on to 425 degrees F. and bake the asparagus for 15 minutes.
Sixth Step: Serve hot and enjoy!
What Kind Of Nutrients Are In Asparagus?
Be sure to eat up your asparagus because it is full of nutrients like fiber, vitamin C, folate, vitamin A, and more. Plus, it’s full of potassium and protein so it will help keep you full longer too.
This is why many people eat it when they are trying to shed some weight because it keeps you satisfied longer and tastes good too.
What Goes Good With Asparagus?
Surprisingly, asparagus goes well with many meals. Here are a few ideas to help give you inspiration on what to serve with sheet pan asparagus.
- Bacon – Which everything tastes better with bacon! You could wrap the asparagus bacon, top with cheese and bake as the recipe directs.
- Seafood – Pretty much all types of seafood goes with cheesy asparagus. Salmon, tuna, and shrimp are my favorites.
- Chicken – Grill some chicken and serve with the asparagus and it will be your new favorite meal.
- Salads – You can eat fresh asparagus in your salad or eat the cheesy asparagus on the side. Either way, it’s amazing!
How To Store Cooked Asparagus
After the asparagus has cooled off, you can place it in a storage container and put it in the fridge. It needs to be sealed tightly. Also, keep it away from any strong smelling foods and it will last 3-4 days.
How Do You Reheat Cheesy Asparagus?
The best way to reheat the asparagus is by putting it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. Another option is to heat it in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus (snap off the ends)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tbs garlic (minced)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Place the asparagus on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Mix together the garlic and butter until well incorporated.
- Put the butter mixture over the asparagus.
- Top with both kinds of cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Serve hot & enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 396mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
You should take a look at these other amazing recipes too:
- Spanish Sausage Sweet Potato Stew
- Mouthwatering Cajun Steak Bites
- Pancetta Pasta With Peas
- Panko Crusted Pork Street Tacos