Summer is in full swing in Michigan, which means I’m wearing a lot more dresses and even some shorts.
Summer also means that my arms and legs are seeing the sun…
And other people are seeing them too.
Which means I need to scrub them, moisturize them, and soak them.
Which means I’ve been searching the web for the best homemade body products…and I found a whopping 25 recipes.
25 All Natural Homemade Body Products You’ll Love
Depending on where you’re at in your summer skin prep routine, you may be able to skip exfoliation, but I for one definitely can not afford to skip this important step. If you want to learn about foods that are healthy for your skin, read this!
The world’s best moisturizer isn’t going to help if your skin is dead and dried. I used to think that exfoliation was just for my face…and boy was I wrong. I love my orange coconut sugar scrub, it exfoliates and helps give me the energy to kickstart the day.
Homemade Body Scrubs
Your skin needs help sloughing off dead cells so that it can better absorb the products you put on them (even if they’re homemade). Depending on your mood, you can pick a scent and even if you’d prefer a sugar scrub or a salt scrub.
I’ve tried quite a few of these recipes and they’re all so, so good:
- Lemon Body Scrub from The Classy Chapter
- DIY Blueberry Body Scrub from Simply Stacie
- DIY Mint Cocoa Sugar Scrub from Moms and Crafters
- Homemade Vanilla Sugar Scrub from Life Anchored
- DIY Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub from Happy Money Saver
- DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub from Thrifty Jinxy
- Do It Yourself Orange Coconut Sugar Scrub from Just the Woods
- DIY Espresso Sugar Scrub from Simple at Home
- Easy Vanilla Peppermint Sugar Scrub from Creative Green Living
- DIY Lavender Cedarwood Sugar Scrub from Mama Instincts
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Sugar Scrub from The Spring Mount 6 Pack
- Homemade Brown Sugar Scrub from Crayons and Cravings
- Refreshing Citrus Mint Salt Scrub from Mommy Moment
- DIY Ginger Citrus Scrub from Coffee With Us
- DIY Apple Spice Sugar Scrub from Family Food and Travel
- Easy Citrus Basil Scrub from You Brew My Tea
If you have rough cuticles and hands, leaving a small tub of a salt scrub near your sinks is a great way to help gently get them back under control.
I keep a jar of the citrus basil scrub near my kitchen sink and the citrus mint in my master bath so that I can do a quick scrub before I wash with soap.
Homemade Body Butters
After exfoliating I always recommend moisturizing. During the summer I prefer a body butter for application, but you can always grab some jojoba oil and get a very similar result.
I tend to reach for body butters that have a lingering scent (usually because they use essential oils), and these are all delicious smelling (I just made the gingerbread body butter and holy wow is it amazing!):
- Homemade Gingerbread Body Butter from Frugal Momeh
- DIY Lavender Body Butter from Happy Mothering
- Homemade Essential Oil Body Butter from Unskinny Boppy
- DIY Whipped Body Butter from The Rising Spoon
I like to keep a jar of body butter by each sink so that I can use it as a quick hand salve since we end up playing with lots of messy projects and spend so much time outside during the summer.
Homemade Bath Soaks
I recently purchase a Barre Code membership, and while I’m loving the live class experience, I’m also really, really, really sore. Which means that I’ve been spending some time soaking my tired muscles in the boy’s bathroom.
It’s seriously making me contemplate a master bath remodel…though I don’t know where we’d put a soaking tub.
These bath soaks are amazing not only for tired muscles but also for soothing angry skin (sunburn, anyone?):
- DIY Peppermint Bath Salt from Suburban Simplicity
- DIY Lemon and Mint Bath Salt from Parenting Chaos
- Refreshing Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and Rosemary Bath Salt from Beauty Crafter
- DIY Ultimate Bath Soak from Venture 1105
- Soothing Orange, Lemon, and Vanilla “Laffy Taffy” Bath Salts from Pretty Opinionated
I’m really excited to be using all homemade body products this summer. I mean, obviously it helps save us money, but more than that, I know exacty what’s in them so there’s no question.
The boys really love helping me make my “potions” when it’s time to refill. Smalls has informed me that we are definitely making the “Laffy Taffy” bath salts next.
How about you?
Which homemade body products are you excited to make?