I ran out of my lemon essential oil a few days ago. I didn’t think much of it and went about my business…for about 48 hours. I have about million lemon essential oil uses that I incorporate on the daily. I usually diffuse lemon and a few of my other favorites (I can have more than one favorite!) together each morning. But without my lemon oil…
How to Use Lemon Essential Oil
Y’all. I missed my lemon oil.
I seriously love Lemon essential oil. Did I mention that? I love lemon oil so much that I OVERNIGHTED my order so that I could get my bottle. As soon as my order arrived, I grabbed my diffuser and added:
It smells amazing! This combination smells like springtime and wakes me up. I diffuse it literally every morning. And I may have ordered a few bottles of lemon essential oil…just a few, though.
12 Surprising Lemon Essential Oil Uses
Y’all. I seriously use lemon oil for everything. I’ll be honest…I’m still surprised when I get an email or a Facebook message from someone who asks me how to use lemon oil. For me, it’s second nature to grab my bottle of lemon oil for just about everything:
- Use 1–2 drops of lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
- Combine 2–3 drops of lemon oil with water in a spray bottle to let your kids safely wipe down surfaces.
- Blend a drop of food grade lemon essential oil into your pancakes for a healthy, tasty breakfast.
- A drop of lemon oil on a blemish may help minimize oil production.
- Soothe aching feet by rubbing lemon oil on the affected area morning and evening.
- Massage lemon essential oil into cellulite to help support circulation.
- Add lemon essential oil to your morning tea or breakfast shake for a refreshing pick-me-up.
- Inhale lemon oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish your mind, body, and spirit.
- Add 10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help brighten carpets and leave a fresh smell in the room.
- Add 2-3 drops of lemon oil to your chicken marinade for a delicious dinner.
- Place a few drops of lemon (or any other citrus) essential oil in some baking soda in your refrigerator to help eliminate odors and make everything smell citrusy.
How To Get Lemon Oil
I personally prefer to purchase 100% pure therapeutic or food grade essential oils online. If you plan on ingesting lemon essential oil make sure you pick something food grade like this one.