Instant Pot Jambalaya has quickly become a household favorite dish! It’s spicy Cajun flavors, sausage, juicy chicken thighs, shrimp, and veggies, make it a powerhouse of flavor.
The thought of all that meat in once dish makes my mouth water right away! It’s a protein dream for anyone who needs to add some extra protein to their diet too. This is one of my ultimate go-to Cajun recipes, and I think you’ll think the same when you taste it.
What Is Jambalaya?
Jambalaya is a Cajun dish that’s packed with meats like sausage, chicken, and shrimp. It’s usually served with rice either in it or beside it. It has some heat to it and you’ll find that jambalaya has lots of vegetables too.
What Is The Difference Between Gumbo And Jambalaya?
While gumbo and jambalaya are both cajun dishes with veggies and meats they are somewhat different. Gumbo is more of a soup and jambalaya isn’t. Gumbo has a wider variety of ingredients like ham and okra. Both are positively delicious and pack a huge punch of flavor.
How To Make Jambalaya
Instant Pot Jambalaya is an easy meal only takes you around 40 minutes to make. You don’t have to spend all day cooking and you end up with a flavorful and delicious meal. Take a look at how easy the best jambalaya happens to be:
First Step: Begin by chopping up the onions, green peppers, red peppers, and celery.
Second Step: Take the cajun sausage and slice it into thin pieces.
Third Step: Cut up the chicken thighs so it’s in bite-sized pieces and set aside.
Fourth Step: Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot and turn it to saute. Place the chopped chicken into the Instant Pot and brown for 3 minutes. Stir frequently so it doesn’t stick to the pressure cooker. Turn off the Instant Pot.
Fifth Step: Add in the chicken broth to the pressure cooker. Place the onion, peppers, garlic, celery, and seasonings. Next, add the rice, and canned tomatoes. Give everything a stir.
Sixth Step: Add the lid and cook on manual pressure for 7 minutes. After it’s done cooking let it rest for 5 minutes with a natural release. Then finish with a quick release.
Seventh Step: Place the cooked shrimp and sausage to the Instant Pot and put the lid back on. Let it all sit for 5 minutes so that the sausage and shrimp can warm up.
Eight Step: Sprinkle with some scallions and dig in!
More Mouth-Watering Eats
Don’t forget to check out some of my other drool-worthy recipes:
- Dinner Worthy Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – These are a reader favorite!
- Delicious Must-Try Easy Quiche
- 20 Of The Very Best Butternut Squash Recipes
Prep time: 15 MINUTES
Cook time: 25 MINUTES
Total time: 40 MINUTES
- Chop the onion, green pepper, red pepper , and celery.
- Slice the cajun sausage, set to the side.
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces, set to the side.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute on high, and add the olive oil.
- Add the chopped chicken thighs to the Instant Pot to brown.
- Brown for 3 minutes.
- Stir so that it does not stick to the Instant pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add the chicken broth to the instant pot.
- Add the onion, green pepper, celery, garlic, salt, Cajun seasoning, and thyme. Stir to combine
- Add the rice, can tomatoes, stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set it for Manual High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooker has finished cooking let it rest for 5 minutes, then manually release the pressure. Take off the lid.
- Add the cooked shrimp, sausage to the Instant Pot and replace the lid.
- Allow the jambalaya to sit for 5 minutes to heat up the shrimp and sausage.
- Serve sprinkled with scallions and enjoy!
Leave a Comment