These oven roasted zucchini spears will have you forgetting about french fries altogether. Bold statement, right? But in all honesty, I’m 100% telling you the truth. Skip to the recipe to get cooking.
Oven Roasted Zucchini Spears Recipe
There’s just something about leaving your zucchini spears in sticks that makes your mind thinking it’s eating something different. Mind over matter kinda thing… You’ll learn how to roast zucchini in the oven easily, so you can make it any day of the week! I will admit, however, that these really do taste awesome. I love them, the boys love them…and as a busy mom always looking for totally quick and easy recipes, what more can I really want out of life?
The key is to leave them in spears. Not only does that give them a bit of a crunch, but it actually makes ’em kinda fun to eat as well. And with summer literally right around the corner, I’m excited by the thoughts of getting garden fresh zucchinis to roast up a few times per week.
Take charge of your healthy eating with this delicious snack. And honestly, if you want to pair it up with some nice steamed veggies or a lean piece of meat, it’s the perfect addition for your meal!
Oven Roasted Zucchini
Don’t worry…this recipe is super duper easy to make. Like foolproof, Y’all. And my kids love to help me in the kitchen. While I do all the cutting, they love getting ’em all seasoned up and ready to bake. Baked zucchini spears might be your family’s new favorite side dish.
More Tasty Side Dish Recipes
Can you cut the zucchinis into circles rather than spears?
Of course. How you want to cut them is up to you. Just know that when they’re cut into smaller circles, there’s a good chance that they won’t have much of a crunch. They’ll cook a lot faster than if they were in spears.
What toppings would you add to your zucchini spears?
I love to top mine with parmesan cheese! But you could even do shredded cheese or bacon bits if you wanted!
Do you peel your zucchini spears before cutting them?
How to make Oven Roasted Zucchini Spears
The good news? This recipe is crazy simple! These
Ingredients for roasted zucchini spears
How to make Oven roasted zucchini spears
Oven Roasted Zucchini Spears
- 6 zucchinis, cut in half then quartered (wash them off first!)
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (you can grate your own or buy storebought)
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon of truffle flavored sea salt (any sea salt will do)
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly cracked peppercorn medley (if you don't have, regular pepper will do)
- Before anything, give those zucchinis a good scrubbing! Then, cut them in half and quarter them.
- Add the oil, sea salt, and freshly cracked peppercorn medley into a bowl and mix.
- Once done, toss your zucchinis in them until lightly coated.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. I like to place a cast iron pan or griddle placed on the upper rack to get it hot while the oven is preheating.
- Once preheated, carefully place your zucchinis on the griddle or in the pan with the skin side down.
- You'll need to keep an eye on them while they're in the oven. Once there is a good char to the skin side (about 7-10 minutes), you'll want to turn all the zucchini pieces to on their sides and cook them for a short time. (1-2 minutes per side)
- Once done with that, take them out of the oven and sprinkle with your parmesan cheese.
- Once done, remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Have you tried oven roasted zucchini before?