Guest Post Guidelines
BreaGettingFit welcomes guest posts. Please follow the guidelines below if you’d like to get your post on BREA.
My Guest Post Non-Negotiables
- Write a post with insanely useful content. Always ask: ‘How can readers benefit from this?’
- Use examples and anecdotes to clarify your points.
- I don’t have a maximum number of links that should be in a post, but I do have a minimum. There are blog posts on almost every topic out there, so instead of regurgitating the same old information, link out to the sites that have already covered it, please.
- You must submit fresh content that has not been published before.
- I consider guest posts from fellow bloggers first and foremost. If you don’t have your own blog, please contact me about a sponsored post.
- Your bio may contain 1 or 2 links – either to your website, social media, or a specific post on your blog..
Submit Your Pitch
Please send an email to me: breagettingfit[at]gmail[dot]com. Please start the Subject line with the title GUEST POST (in ALL CAPS), and include the following information:
- Tell me who you are, and why you would like to guest post.
- Provide a sample title for your proposed post, along with a brief sample paragraph.
- Please let me know how my readers would benefit from your post.
- Include a few (2 or 3) links to your best posts.
What Happens Next
Once I’ve accepted your post proposal, please send me the copy a Word document. I strongly suggest that you run your copy through Copyscape before you do this.
Please attach any images that are part of the post. Please don’t be upset if I recommend a few changes–I want your post to be successful. The post may be edited for greater clarity, grammar, punctuation, etc.
Make Your Post Stand Out
- Use an introduction that will interest my readers and makes them want to keep reading (and then go to YOUR site!).
- Use headings, subheadings, and bold or italic font for important sentences.
- If you are writing a how-to post, please use bulleted lists so it is easy to read.
- You must have a conclusion-recap the benefit for my readers.
- Include a call to action after you wrap up your topic. What do you want my readers to do next?
- Post length should be at least 500 words, unless it is photo-heavy. Please contact me if your post will not meet these guidelines but you still think my readers would benefit.
- Be written in a style similar to my own posts.
- Include your bio box (2-3 sentences). You may link to your blog and a product of yours that is offered free to BGF readers. Please send me the links separately from your document, and I will add them.
- All photos provided must be your own or royalty-free images.
Please make sure that you edit and proofread your post before you send it to me. If your post includes images, send them to me as attachments, indicating where in the text they should be located.
Do not submit a doc with lots of colors or font changes. Please use a standard font. Please do not include affiliate lines, or images in your document.
BreaGettingFit retains copyright of all material published on this site. A guest poster may not republish a guest post elsewhere; it must remain unique to BGF.
Leave a Comment