This incredible Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Asparagus with bacon and pecans is a game-changer! Eating healthy never tasted so good, and you will be impressed with the explosion of flavors you get with each bite.
There are plenty of people who are scared to try brussel sprouts, but I wanted to let you know that they are insanely good! Don’t miss out because you haven’t tried them before. They are perfect for holidays, parties, or weeknight meals.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice brussel sprouts in half.
3. Place on a large baking sheet.
4. Slice asparagus and place asparagus tips onto the baking sheet with the brussel sprouts.
5. Cook bacon and then take the bacon grease and pour it into a bowl. Add 2 tbsp pure maple syrup and mix.
6. Cut bacon and sprinkle the bacon onto the brussel sprouts & asparagus.
7. Coat with bacon grease- maple mixture.
8. Sprinkle dried cranberries & candied pecans onto the sheet pan.
9. Place sheet pan in oven and cook for 12-13 minutes.
10. Serve & enjoy!
What Can I Use Instead Of Maple Syrup?
If you are out of maple syrup or simply don’t like it, you can use honey, agave syrup, or omit it completely. I find that the maple syrup adds just enough sweetness without being overwhelming.
Honey or agave syrup is going to taste different than the maple syrup but will still be good. Go with what you prefer, and you can’t go wrong.
What Health Benefits Do You Get From Roasted Brussels Sprouts?
Besides tasting terrific, there are actually a lot of health benefits you get from eating these roasted brussels sprouts. They are loaded with vitamin C, folate, fiber, vitamin K, vitamin A, and so much more.
Plus, they have lots of antioxidants too. So if you are looking to boost your fiber intake, add some antioxidants to your diet, or just want something tasty, you should add brussels sprouts to your diet.
Do I Have To Add Cranberries?
No, you don’t have to add cranberries if you don’t want them. I love the flavor that they give because it’s tangy and a little bit sweet. You could omit them completely, or you can swap them for raisins. Both are fine options, but you will need to know that the flavor will be different without them.
- Easy Cheesy Sheet Pan Asparagus
- Parmesan Broccoli Stem
- Best Easy Broccoli Raisin Salad
- Easy Homemade Turkey Chili Mac and Cheese
- • bacon drippings
- • 2 pounds brussel sprouts
- • 12 ounces asparagus
- • 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- • 6 pieces of bacon
- • 3.5 bag dried cranberries & candied pecan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice brussel sprouts in half.
- Place on a large baking sheet.
- Slice asparagus and place asparagus tips onto the baking sheet with the brussel sprouts.
- Cook bacon and then take the bacon grease and pour it into a bowl. Add 2 tbsp pure maple syrup and mix.
- Cut bacon and sprinkle the bacon onto the brussel sprouts & asparagus.
- Coat with bacon grease- maple mixture.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries & candied pecans onto the sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan in oven and cook for 12-13 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 372mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 7gSugar: 28gProtein: 12g
I'm not a dietician, these numbers can change based on the actual ingredients used. They are here as a guide to help you.