If you are on the hunt for an easy weeknight dinner that your family will go wild for, this Taco Rollup Recipe is for you! It’s incredible and super easy to make.
Pizza dough filled with seasoned taco meat, cheddar cheese, and dipped in salsa is the best dinner idea ever. There aren’t very many steps, and you can throw this together so quickly.
With everyone having busy schedules, it’s no surprise that there are days when we don’t feel like cooking. When we have recipes this simple, it’s not even an issue to cook!
What You’ll Need
- Ground Beef Seasoned With Taco Seasoning
- Cheddar String Cheese
- Refrigerated or Homemade Pizza Dough
- Sour Cream
How To Make Taco Rollups
1. Place the pizza dough on a baking sheet.
2. Cut the pizza dough into four pieces and add one cheesestick for each one.
3. Add browned and seasoned ground beef to each pizza dough piece.
4. Roll up the dough to form a pocket. Place the seam side down on the baking sheet.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes or until the dough is all cooked. Serve with sour cream and salsa to dip the rollups in. Enjoy!
Taco Rollup Variations
You will be excited to see that you can make all sorts of adjustments to add some variety. Here are a few ideas to try out.
- Pizza Sauce – Add 1 -2 teaspoons of pasta sauce to the dough. You don’t want to add much more because you don’t want it to be mushy. I recommend leaving out the taco seasoning for the ground beef if you use pizza sauce.
- Pepperoni – Add 2-4 pieces of pepperoni for each taco rollup.
- Onions – Dice up some onions and add to the dough before wrapping.
- Jalapenos – Chop some jalapenos and add to the hamburger. It will be a little spicy and so good.
- Refried beans – Smooth out a layer of refried beans on each rollup before adding cheese and meat.
- BBQ – Turn this into a barbecue chicken rollup by swapping the ground beef for shredded chicken, barbecue sauce, red onions, and mozzarella cheese. So yummy!
If you manage to end up with leftovers (which isn’t going to be often), save them in an airtight container. Make sure they have cooled down all the way first. Then put them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
It’s pretty easy to reheat these taco rollups. You can place them on a plate and microwave for 1-2 minutes until they are hot. Or, my favorite method is to put them in the oven. Heat the oven to 300 degrees and heat them for 8-10 minutes or until they are hot all the way through.
Don’t forget to check out these articles too!
- Dalgona Ice Cream
- Delicious Paleo Sheet Pan Meals
- Easy Cheesy Sheet Pan Asparagus
- Best Broccoli Raisin Salad
- • 1lb Browned Taco Seasoned Ground Beef
- • Cheddar Cheese String Cheese
- • Pizza Dough
- • Sour Cream
- • Salsa
- Roll out the pizza dough onto a nonstick baking pan.
- Cut the pizza dough into four squared sections.
- Place a piece of cheese in the center of each square.
- Sprinkle with browned, taco seasoned ground beef.
- Roll up the taco rollups and cook in a 300 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Dunk in sour cream & salsa & enjoy!