Oven Roasted Zucchini Spears
Savory roasted zucchini spears that are going to be a new favorite side dish. Pair with a side of ranch or salsa and dip away.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time9 mins
Total Time14 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 6 zucchinis, cut in half then quartered (wash them off first!)
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (you can grate your own or buy storebought)
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon of truffle flavored sea salt (any sea salt will do)
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly cracked peppercorn medley (if you don't have, regular pepper will do)
Before anything, give those zucchinis a good scrubbing! Then, cut them in half and quarter them.
Add the oil, sea salt, and freshly cracked peppercorn medley into a bowl and mix.
Once done, toss your zucchinis in them until lightly coated.
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. I like to place a cast iron pan or griddle placed on the upper rack to get it hot while the oven is preheating.
Once preheated, carefully place your zucchinis on the griddle or in the pan with the skin side down.
You'll need to keep an eye on them while they're in the oven. Once there is a good char to the skin side (about 7-10 minutes), you'll want to turn all the zucchini pieces to on their sides and cook them for a short time. (1-2 minutes per side)
Once done with that, take them out of the oven and sprinkle with your parmesan cheese.
Once done, remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!