As the start of our school year creeps closer and closer, I’ve been working hard to get organized, find the items that we need, and clear out the clutter so that we can have peaceful afternoons when Smalls gets done with his classes.
Although we homeschool him, because he’s a bit behind socially (you would be too if you weren’t allowed to be around anyone but your parents for a year!), we’ve decided to enroll him in a supplemental program 3 days a week to help him get to know other kids….
And who am I kidding? I need him to learn to listen to authority without me being there. I don’t think it’s going to be a problem, since that study published by the University of Washington:
A study out of the University of Washington Department of Psychology has revealed that children are 800% worse when their mothers are in the room. If the children are under ten, the percentage doubles to 1,600%.
No wonder I feel like I’m talking to a wall! But I digress.
There are a few things that are absolutely essential to school year success in our house (and a few things that are just plain fun!):
- Back To School Signs. I love these. I wish I’d done one last year even though we were at home. I’m super excited for Smalls to use his sign this year courtesy of AJCreations12 (Need a sign NOW? Use code backtoschool for 10% off-exclusive to my readers)!
- Leak-Proof Bento. Because if it can make a mess…my kid will figure out exactly how to make that happen in less than 3 seconds.
- A fun backpack. He’s got to have something to carry his projects, homework (in Kindy!), and lunch in.
- A quality planner. I need to know where I need to be and when. I also keep track of his swimming and gymnastic lessons using my planner, as well as my editorial calendar for this awesome site.
- Reusable water bottles. Hydration is important!
I’m super excited to host a giveaway for not one, but two of my favorite back to school items this week:
- Personalized Back to School Printable Sign
- Limited Edition 16 Month Rose Gold Erin Condren Life Planner