Happy Friday, y’all! I hope that you’ve had very healthful, happy, productive weeks. I’ve discovered a few things about myself this week…actually, 10.
10 New Things I Learned About Myself
1. I HATE chunks in my shake. Seriously. They make me gag. So. Now I that I’ve cleared that up, I will be using my Vitamix to its full potential. Yes.I.will.
2. I LOVE kale in my smoothies. Seriously. It’s an obsession. L.O.V.E. With green goodness, you cannot go wrong.
3. I prefer simple salad with ROCKIN’ dressing to high-maintenance raw dishes (this is of course because my Excalibur is still pending shipping, dammit!). So salads it is for awhile.
4. Cooking raw for just myself isn’t terribly time consuming, as long as I plan ahead for the boys. They’re still on a veg diet, but cooked food (for the most part…although this morning Smalls downed 1/2 cup of of pumpkin oatmeal, a small banana and 1/2 an avocado for breakfast so he’s about 50/50 at the moment).
5. I cannot live without my Mandoline Slicer. CANNOT LIVE. It cuts my prep time to almost nothing, and makes quick work of my salad veggies and other accruements.
6. I also love my Spiralizer. It’s fantastic. Did you know that spiralized zucchini is even more delectable than sliced? Also, Smalls LOVES veggie noodles. Carrots, zucchini, cucumber, squash, turnips….
7. I love, love, love, love, love Argan Oil for a nighttime moisturizer. My skin is OHSOHAPPY!
8. Dry brushing rocks. My skin is GLOWING, y’all. Try it.
9. I’m sleeping better. YAY ME!
10. I need to get rid of cable. After the Super Bowl. Yup. I’m gonna cut the cord. I’m having a *slight* panic attack about this, but my hyperventilating will NOT deter me. We say goodbye to our good friend on Monday. YAY for more family time!
…I have a feeling that y’all are going to be seeing a lot (and by a lot, I mean as much as I can bear to share with y’all) about simplifying.
I’ve found that cleaning out the clutter has helped me to focus on what’s really, truly important. And I am no where NEAR Donesville. Not even close.