Happy Tuesday, all! I have to say, allergies suck. Don’t you think?
No? Really? Then you’ve never experienced allergies. Just sayin’.
SO. I’ve been suffering for the past WEEK with the most infuriating allergy attack known to woman. Seriously. You don’t want to know what I’ve been going through. It’s awful.
Getting It ALL Out
AND, it’s prompted me to do a cleanse. That’s right, y’all. Brea is going to cleanse the crap out of her system. It’s the only way. I’m dying here.
So I start…TOMORROW. And while my cleanse is not traditional, it’s going to involve a lot of juicing, protein shakes, enzymes, smoothies and soups. I love soup. In fact, tomorrow night I’m going to make curried lentil soup. YUM (assuming that it turns out)!
So…I’m cleansing and getting my body back on track for the next month (why is a whole other post, coming later this week). I’ll keep you posted.
Speaking of juice…well, sort of juice…
My Kid LOVES Smoothies
We’re going through a ‘DO NOT USE THE SPOON, MOM’ phase. Much to my dismay, he won’t eat anything if he can’t throw it on the floor, either.
And while I love the fact that he’ll eat it off the floor (pardon me while I shudder), I’m certainly not going to allow it.
Not even in my
kind of spotless kitchen. SO.
Smoothies it is. His current favorite? Blueberry oatmeal.
Blueberry Oat Smoothie
- 6 oz plain yogurt
- 1/3 tbsp oatmeal
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen work, although frozen will make it creamier and more milkshakey…is that a word??)
- 3/4 cup juice (apple, pear, whatever you have on hand)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp flax seed oil
- Sub raspberries, cherries, strawberries, or even mixed berries for the blueberries.
- Use lemon yogurt and omit the honey.
- Try adding 1/4 cup fresh spinach or kale (I promise you won’t taste it!) for a green boost.
- You can even add in some peanut butter for a PB&J smoothie with the berries.