So I weighed myself for the first time yesterday…and I’m down 20 pounds. That’s like half of my kid!
While I’m happy to be working on my reintroduction from Whole30, I want to maintain my weight loss, so I’ll be sticking to eating clean, which means no chocolates for Valentine’s Day.
And y’all…chocolates are my favorites. So I’ve been experimenting a bit.
In all of that experimentation, I found (and fell in love with) fat bombs. They remind me of a really rick truffle, but without the price that I pay for sugar.
I’ve had some spectacular fails, but I think I finally nailed the recipe and the only thing you may not have in your kitchen is the 24 count silicone heart mold!
Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- 6 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 5 Tablespoons grass-fed butter (such as Kerrygold or Greenfields)
- 1/2 cup strawberries- rinsed and hulled, or 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries, rehydrated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packets stevia sugar substitute
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup strawberries = 6 grams of carbs
- 2 stevia packets = 4 grams of carbs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract = 1/2 a gram of carbs
- butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream = 0 carbs
If you divide that up between the 12 fat bombs, my math comes out to a little less than 1 carb per serving. And even if you (like me) cannot eat just one, you’re not going to blow your diet.
Have you tried fat bombs before?