I really need to quit snacking. Seriously. This is NOT a joke. And I need to find my camera cable so I can upload the horribly amateur photos that I took of the amazing muffins that I made. Seriously. They’re like crack. I love them like Ernie loves his Rubber Duckie. AHmazing.
Here’s the recipe:
Mini Carob Chip Muffins
- 2 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Large VERY RIPE banana, smashed
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 Cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup carob chips, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Muffins are like brownies. You don’t want to overstir.
5. Use a Tablespoon to scoop the batter into a lightly oiled mini-muffin tin (or use mini muffin liners if you don’t like scrubbing).
6. Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
7. Cool for 10 minutes, and turn to release the muffins onto a cooling rack.
8. Allow to cool completely and serve.
I know it sounds a little weird to use zucchini and carrots, but trust me, these are AH-mazing.
Bet you can’t eat just one!
And THAT is why I’m snacking on them. They’re death to diets. DEATH
While making my amazing muffins, Smalls wanted to play in the kitchen…which I always worry about when the oven is on, or I’m using the stove. I worry he’s going to burn himself, or pull something down.
Yes, I use the back burners, I push everything as far back as possible, but I’m entitled to worry. I’m a mom.
BUT, this morning was different. I recently found an awesome kitchen by Alex Toys, and Smalls LOVES it!! It kept him occupied for two hours this morning! I wish I’d found it sooner!!
Leave a Comment